There are many types of cheesecake, but this dessert is typically made from almost the same ingredients, which are a crust of crushed cookies or graham crackers and a filling made with cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and flavorings, including vanilla, lemon juice, or others.
As a Muslim, you need to know that the one made at home or homemade isn’t the same as the other manufacturers’ cheesecake, including some ingredients that may be sourced from animals. This makes it important to ask about the sources of the ingredients, such as Gelatin, which is used as a binding agent and to help the cake set properly.
One of the best cheesecake providers and manufacturers is the Cheesecake Factory, a chain of restaurants in the USA offering a wide variety of dessert cakes.
So, is Cheesecake Factory Restaurant Halal or Haram?
The answer may vary, but they definitely offer halal cheesecake that is made without using animal-derived ingredients or with the use of beef gelatin.
I received confirmation from the Restaurant by email that the list of halal cheesecakes is as follows:
Do not contain gelatin
- Original Cheesecake
- Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake
- Original with Cherry Topping
- Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
- Toasted Marshmallow S’Mores Galore Cheesecake
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cheesecake
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake
- 30th Anniversary Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
- Chris’ Outrageous Cheesecake
- Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Adams Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake
- Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake
- Low Carb Cheesecake
- Low Carb Cheesecake with Strawberries
- White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
- Snickers Bar Chunks and Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
- Craig’s Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake
- Celebration Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (seasonal)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake (seasonal)
Contain Beef Gelatin
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Peppermint Bark Cheesecake (seasonal)
The answer to whether cheesecake is halal or haram depends on how the restaurant makes it. You need to be sure that the gelatin used is derived from a halal source such as beef gelatin or that the cheesecake is made without using gelatin or any other haram ingredients.
I want to clarify that I am not in a position to alter any laws prescribed by God. My opinions and interpretations are solely personal and have no authoritative value. Therefore, I do not intend to pass any judgment on whether a particular product is halal or haram. Please consider reading multiple sources and gathering information before making any decisions. Lastly, I urge you not to rely solely on my answers and take them lightly.
DISCLAIMER: SoundVegan, Inc. disclaims all liability and does not advocate the use or abuse of any goods, products, or medications. Although we make every effort to ensure the authenticity of our material, we cannot make any promises. We work hard to give you useful information so you may choose the best course of action for your lifestyle and health.