There have been a lot of discussions lately about Italian food brands like Bertolli, with some people questioning whether their products are suitable for certain diets, such as veganism. As a result, I’ve received inquiries from my blog followers who wonder whether Bertolli products are free from animal-derived ingredients.
In this blog post, I will provide information to help you determine whether Bertolli products are suitable for your dietary needs, including whether they offer vegan options.
About Bertolli and Their Products
Bertolli is a brand of Italian food products, including olive oil, pasta sauces, and frozen meals. This brand is sold in many countries worldwide, making it a beloved brand for offering a range of flavors and various products, all using high-quality ingredients to suit different tastes.
The ingredients vary depending on each flavor, but they commonly include some animal-derived ingredients that I will cover in the next section. However, there are also some vegan options available.
Is Bertolli Vegan?
The answer may vary depending on the flavor or variety. Still, some Pasta Sauce and Olive Oil varieties offer vegan options that are made without using any animal-derived ingredients, following all vegan options:
- Italia Marinara Sauce
- Organic Marinara Sauce
- Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs & Fresh Garlic
- Rustic Cut Marinara with Traditional Vegetables
- Rustic Cut Roasted Garlic Marinara with Garden Vegetables
- Rustic Cut Sweet Peppers and Portobello Mushroom
- Tomato & Basil
- Olive Oil & Garlic
- Vineyard Marinara with Merlot Wine
- Portobello Mushroom
- Organic Fire Roasted Garlic Marinara
- Organic Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic
- Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Smooth Taste
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Smooth Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Bold Taste
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Bold Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Single Serve
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rich Taste
- Cooking Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Extra Light Taste
- Organic Olive Oil Light Taste
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Rich Taste
- Organic Olive Oil Extra Light Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray Rich Taste
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray Rich Taste
- Olive Oil Spray Extra Light Taste
- Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar
- Chianti Red Wine Vinegar
All FROZEN MEALS flavors are unsuitable for those following a vegan diet, as they are made using one or more of the following ingredients: milk, eggs, chicken meat, shellfish, or pork. Including the following:
Frozen Meals (All Non-vegan)
- Pasta Sides Herb Gnocchi
- Pasta Sides Cheese & Spinach Ravioli
- Pasta Sides Cheese Lover Tortellini
- Pasta Sides Four Cheese Ravioli
- Chicken Florentine & Farfalle
- Chicken Carbonara
- Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo & Penne
- Shrimp Penne & Asparagus
- Italian Sausage & Rigatoni
- Shrimp Scampi & Linguine
- Chicken Parmigiana & Penne
- Family Size Chicken Parmigiana & Penne
- Family Size Chicken Florentine & Farfalle
- Family Size Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
As explained above, Bertolli offers some vegan options in its Olive Oil and Pasta Sauce varieties. However, their Frozen Meals do not offer any vegan options as they are made with chicken, pork, eggs, milk, or shellfish.
DISCLAIMER: SoundVegan, Inc. disclaims all liability and does not advocate the use or abuse of any goods, products, or medications. Although we make every effort to ensure the authenticity of our material, we cannot make any promises. We work hard to give you useful information so you may choose the best course of action for your lifestyle and health.