If you’re a fan of mochi donuts but follow a vegan diet, you might be wondering if there’s a way to enjoy this delectable treat.
In this article, you will get your answer and learn how to make vegan mochi donuts at home with just a few simple substitutions.
About Mochi Donuts & Its Ingredients
Individuals may flavor the donut with various ingredients such as matcha, chocolate, or fruit purees, and they are often topped with powdered sugar or glaze.
Are Mochi Donuts Vegan?
Instead, you can make vegan mochi donuts at home, which is quite easy. In the next section, I will cover how to make vegan mochi donuts.
Vegan Mochi Donuts Recipe
Vegan Mochi Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the glutinous rice flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flax egg, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. If using chocolate chips, fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each mold about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a donut comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing them and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
DISCLAIMER: SoundVegan, Inc. disclaims all liability and does not advocate the use or abuse of any goods, products, or medications. Although we make every effort to ensure the authenticity of our material, we cannot make any promises. We work hard to give you useful information so you may choose the best course of action for your lifestyle and health.